- About the company
- This project is headed by one of the graduate school professors in the university and is focused on an innovative research involving robots and optical tactile sensing. The project is currently receiving funding and support from the university. However, the head of the project aims to eventually establish a startup company highlighting this technology and offer its researchers full-time positions in that company.
As the probability of establishing the startup relies on the success of this project, the project needs motivated and skilled researchers to join the team and realize their vision of unlocking new potentials for robots through Artificial Intelligence and optical sensing.
- Corporate Culture
- The team is composed of 10 researchers. Most members of the team can speak English and some of them are foreigners. Hence, Japanese language skills are not required. As this project is set in a university, you will be mostly working in a laboratory and will be expected to have self-discipline and the ability to focus on research without much supervision.
In addition, the head of the project values good communication and highly appreciates researchers who can explain ideas logically and simply. The culture in the laboratory will more or less be similar to graduate school laboratories, where there is importance put on self-motivation and efficiency.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- As a computer vision researcher working on this research project, you will be working on the development of vision-based tactile sensors and robotics operation. In their long term, the team aims to spread the use of the vision-based tactile sensor in robots and enhance the operation of robotic abilities. Currently, they are developing the application for many kinds of industries and their short-term aim is to create the commercialize their products.
- Research and implement machine learning primitives and computer vision
- Facilitate novel embedded architectures
- Apply research results to solve real-world problems
- Provide research support to the team to achieve goals
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-Skills necessary for developing computer vision programs including deep learning and traditional computer vision methods (deep knowledge about object segmentation and tracking.).
-Strong programming skill with C++.
-PhD or equivalent degree.
- Japanese Level
-Experience of ROS(robot operating system)
-One of English and Japanese must be fluent
- Type of people (Personality)
- -Self-motivated people
-People who can
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）