- About the company
- In recent years, the food service industry has struggled to hire enough personnel to meet the demands of customers. This tech solutions company aims to utilize new technology to provide solutions for this sector, cutting the large costs that companies in the food industry face, not only for labor but for the cost of things like ingredients as well.
The technology the company produces automates certain processes in the kitchen in order to reduce the need for manual labor. For things like ingredients, the AI Automation Robot automates simple cooking-related tasks in the kitchen.
Currently, they are building a Cooking Robot together with a major restaurant chain in Japan. They will launch this product in 2020. They are developing a robot that uses image recognition to automate certain processes that typically occur in a factory setting.
3 main focuses of the company:
1. Tech solutions that reduce the need for labor
By automating restaurant ordering, payment, and a multitude of other tasks, the company seeks to solve labor problems not only by reducing hours on a task but by freeing up the existing staff to do other things.
2. Easy implementation into existing establishments in the restaurant industry
The company is developing compact robots that will fit even in small spaces in inner-city locations.
3. Creating solutions that cover a wide variety of cooking methods
The tech company is an engineering team composed of highly skilled people in AI, IoT, robotics, and design. They intend to create a single solution that covers many different food preparation methods.
- Corporate Culture
- The company has a startup atmosphere which engineers may appreciate.
There is no dress code and employees can wear casual clothing in the office. Engineers can work freely and independently.
- Global Aspects
- Many employees speak English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- The company has a partnership with the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry and other organizations.
- Other details
- With the mission of "creating a sustainable food infrastructure through technology", they develop and sell "cooking robots" and "business robots".
The labor shortage rate in the food service industry is over 80%, far higher than the Japanese average of 30%. In addition, while the restaurant industry has a high rate of business start-ups, it also has a higher rate of business closures than any other industry, and it is said that 70% of businesses close within 3 years. They are convinced that they can contribute to sustainable restaurant management by optimizing labor and raw material costs, which account for 70% of restaurant industry sales.
All of their businesses require engineers with the latest technology in their respective fields and sharp thinking to grasp the essence of the problem. They are trying to build a team with members who have strong motivation and high insight to solve problems.
Currently, they are developing products specifically for major restaurant chains, but they plan to expand to the restaurant industry around the world through the development of versatile products.
Specific job description
Work as a team to realize cooking robots and business robots.
Robot related software
Recognition, image processing, etc.
Control, motion planning, etc.
Algorithm design and implementation
Overall design of robot
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
Bachelor's/Master's degree or higher in engineering, mathematics, physics or related field
5+ years of work experience using C/C++, Python, Lisp, Rust, etc. or equivalent knowledge and experience
Experience building robots in ROS/ROS2
People who wish to robotize this world
- Japanese Level
Possess special training qualifications for industrial robots
Experience in submitting papers to academic robotics conferences and presenting at conferences
Experience of participating in robot contests and competitions
Knowledge of control engineering (classical control, modern control)
Knowledge of image processing and deep learning related technologies
- Type of people (Personality)
- -Team player
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）