- About the company
- In recent years, the food service industry has struggled to hire enough personnel to meet the demands of customers. This tech solutions company aims to utilize new technology to provide solutions for this sector, cutting the large costs that companies in the food industry face, not only for labor but for the cost of things like ingredients as well.
The technology the company produces automates certain processes in the kitchen in order to reduce the need for manual labor. For things like ingredients, the AI Automation Robot automates simple cooking-related tasks in the kitchen.
Currently, they are building a Cooking Robot together with a major restaurant chain in Japan. They will launch this product in 2020. They are developing a robot that uses image recognition to automate certain processes that typically occur in a factory setting.
3 main focuses of the company:
1. Tech solutions that reduce the need for labor
By automating restaurant ordering, payment, and a multitude of other tasks, the company seeks to solve labor problems not only by reducing hours on a task but by freeing up the existing staff to do other things.
2. Easy implementation into existing establishments in the restaurant industry
The company is developing compact robots that will fit even in small spaces in inner-city locations.
3. Creating solutions that cover a wide variety of cooking methods
The tech company is an engineering team composed of highly skilled people in AI, IoT, robotics, and design. They intend to create a single solution that covers many different food preparation methods.
- Corporate Culture
- The company has a startup atmosphere which engineers may appreciate. Remote work is also possible depending on the position. There is no dress code and employees can wear casual clothing in the office. Engineers can work freely and independently.
- Global Aspects
- Many employees speak English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- The company has a partnership with the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry and other organizations.
- Other details
- You can work from home
- No dress code
- The company is looking for a machine learning engineer to become a part of their team.
-Research and development of object recognition through applied machine learning / deep learning
-3D point cloud data processing and 3D depth sensor analysis
-Design and development of image recognition technology with applications to robotics and various mechanical components
-Data analysis involving deep learning, statistical machine learning and multivariate analysis, and related software design and development
-Object motion analysis using video technology
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-Academic background related to engineering or computer science
-Development experience using OpenCV, OpenCV, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, Chainer, scikit-learn
-Development experience in a Linux environment
-Experience using Git, Subversion, JIRA
-Strong reading skills in English
- Japanese Level
-Experience with CNNs, Faster R-CNNs, YOLO, and Mask R-CNNs
-Experience in machine learning on cloud and mobile platforms
- Type of people (Personality)
- -Team player
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）