- About the company
- In recent years, the food service industry has struggled to hire enough personnel to meet the demands of customers. This tech solutions company aims to utilize new technology to provide solutions for this sector, cutting the large costs that companies in the food industry face, not only for labor but for the cost of things like ingredients as well.
The technology the company produces automates certain processes in the kitchen in order to reduce the need for manual labor. For things like ingredients, the AI Automation Robot automates simple cooking-related tasks in the kitchen.
Currently, they are building a Cooking Robot together with a major restaurant chain in Japan. They are developing a robot that uses image recognition to automate certain processes that typically occur in a factory setting.
3 main focuses of the company:
1. Tech solutions that reduce the need for labor
By automating restaurant ordering, payment, and a multitude of other tasks, the company seeks to solve labor problems not only by reducing hours on a task but by freeing up the existing staff to do other things.
2. Easy implementation into existing establishments in the restaurant industry
The company is developing compact robots that will fit even in small spaces in inner-city locations.
3. Creating solutions that cover a wide variety of cooking methods
The tech company is an engineering team composed of highly skilled people in AI, IoT, robotics, and design. They intend to create a single solution that covers many different food preparation methods.
- Corporate Culture
- The company has a startup atmosphere which engineers may appreciate.
There is no dress code and employees can wear casual clothing in the office. Engineers can work freely and independently.
- Global Aspects
- Many employees speak English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- The company has a partnership with the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry and other organizations.
- Other details
You will be responsible for developing systems for robotics by combining new technologies such as image recognition technology, machine learning technology, and robotics technology.
You will be responsible for developing systems for robotics by combining new technologies such as image recognition, machine learning and robotics.
Research and development of elemental technologies for 3D general object recognition applying machine learning, deep learning, etc.
3D point cloud/volume data processing using 3D depth sensors and various analyses
Development of image recognition technology for foodstuffs, ingredients, tableware, etc., by applying elemental technologies
Design and development of image recognition systems that work with robots and various mechanical mechanisms
Data analysis using deep learning, statistical machine learning, multivariate analysis, etc., and system/software design and development using these techniques
Human recognition, motion, and motion line analysis using video image recognition technology
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
Deep knowledge and working experience in machine learning (deep learning) (knowledge and development experience in the field of image recognition)
In-depth knowledge of Python or C/C++ and at least 5 years of working experience
Experience in development on Linux (or similar OS)
Experience developing with OpenCV,
Tensorflow, PyTorch, TensorRT, etc.
Experience in team development and use of tools such as git
- Japanese Level
Minimum of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Machine Learning and related areas, including published work
Experience implementing parallelization and acceleration, including various GPU processing
Experience creating data sets for machine learning
Experience developing machine learning software on edge devices
Experience developing machine learning on cloud and mobile devices
Knowledge and development experience with libraries and devices related to 3D image processing and robot vision, such as ROS, PCL, itk, vtk, RealSense, Kinect, etc.
- Ideal candidate
- -Team player
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）