- About the company
- This revolutionary Tech StartUp company develops low cost, high quality 3D printed prosthetic and orthotic solutions with the vision “Create a world where everyone who needs it, can get a prosthetic brace”.
Producing prosthetics and orthotics require skillful technique and craftsmanship, as well as analog manufacturing process that Certified Prosthetists & Orthotists (CPO) have been applying. A general transtibial (below knee) prosthetic leg is very expensive, ranging from three hundred thousand up to one million yen in estimation. Therefore, it is a serious public concern that 90 million people in the world who need prosthetics cannot afford to purchase one.
This is the main reason that pushed the company into the development of customized prosthetic and orthotic solutions, which is the world's first with the integrated automatic design system, using AI (machine learning) and 3D printer with 3D CAD software.
This new technology can cut the equipment cost and product price down by approximately 10% compared to the conventional option. Since the training of manufacturing these products take only a day, it will be easier to implement and impose it on other countries.
The company had a joint research with one of the most prestigious universities in the Philippines. During the joint research they worked on a pilot study with 50 actual patients, resulting with favorable medical results.
At present, The Philippines is one of the developing countries and the nearest from Japan that has 1.8 million people who need a prosthetic leg mostly due to diabetic gangrene (rotten foot) caused by poor diet. In fact, only 50,000 people (2.7%) out of that number has access to prosthetic legs. The estimated market value of the company for The Philippines’ market alone is around 50.8 billion Japanese yen.
- Corporate Culture
- The Tech StartUp is new and their organizational structure is agile. They have an office in Tokyo and another one in the Philippines. They have a very flexible work schedule which let's their employees enjoy a work-life balance as long as they are able to deliver work results. The company already has a foreigner working with the team and since they are working closely with a team in the Philippines, they are pursuing a more global team and welcome international candidates to join them.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Official Language is English
- International sales
- PR Aspects
- -Received Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry award at HONGO AI 2019, Japanese AI pitch contest
-Got featured at TechCrunch
-Got featured at Nikkei Industrial News Paper
-Got featured at JETRO (Japan External Trade Organization) "The World Now-JETRO Global Eye"
- The company is developing a 3D CAD system from scratch to be used for producing artificial legs.
For the development of the system, the engineer needs to meet the system requirement specifications and allow for the easy development of artificial legs from the Open Source Software(OSS). You will also be required to document the development.
The company does not require you to have logistic experience, but looks for enthusiasm to bring artificial legs to the Philippines.
- Define and document project
- Perform solution architecture for the system
- Develop software application and system based on requirements
- Debug and deploy system
- Design and create data stores
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
Passionate about using technology to aid developing countries
Relevant university degree
5 years working
Knowledge of the development of the 3D CAD systems
Experience with C++ and Python
- Japanese Level
Experience with developing deep learning models (Python, Chainer, Tensorfow)
Communication skills (you may be required to speak with craftsmen in Japanese)
- Type of people (Personality)
- People who are passionate about helping people through technology
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Working time is flexible and can be discussed with the company.