- About the company
- This is a holistic solutions company. By employing design thinking to solve social and environmental issues, they create unique products and services, cutting-edge software, as well as innovative ideas and business models.
This company is a place where passionate people work together to attain their dreams. The individual aspirations of their members become the company goals and projects, with the success of each dream project facilitating the next. Everyone, including new members, is welcome to pitch their ideas directly to the CEO and, upon approval, lead their own project after having gained enough experience.
Members of the company are given a lot of freedom in their daily work. They are expected to manage their own milestones, as well as work in a goal-oriented, result-driven manner with minimum supervision. The company offers a challenging work environment with plenty of opportunities to grow and acquire new skills, including, but not limited to, company-paid courses and seminars.
Thanks to their work culture, this company came 1st in Deloitte-Tohmatsu’s 2015 “most desirable start-up companies" ranking, seeing more than 1700 concurrent applicants. Since then, they have grown more than 300 times and established themselves as a household name in Japan. Most recently, they scored they scored extremely high in Active Connector’s 2017 Employee Engagement Report. Their main product was given the “Best Product of the Year” award in 2009, and has since been featured on most of the major Japanese televisions, including NHK, TV Tokyo, and Kansai TV. The company’s newest product was recently officially announced on the popular Japanese TV show “The Dawn of Gaia”.
In 2019, the company was selected for the prestigious “J-Startup 2019” programme, whereby the Japanese METI and some of the country’s biggest corporations will support the global expansion of domestically successful start-ups. In the same year, the company’s CEO and founder was named one of the “50 most influential Japanese people” by Nikkei Business, Japan’s largest business publication.
- Corporate Culture
- The company culture offers a lot of freedom but the organisation expects an equal amount of commitment in return. The company rules are discussed by all members, and you can expect to be partial to all decisions that impact your work. Employees are expected to keep up to date with the latest developments in their field and take a keen interest in their own projects. Discussion, outside-the-box thinking, and the proliferation of new ideas are all heavily encouraged.
In terms of work/life balance, the company emphasises efficiency as opposed to overtime work, trusting employees to finish their tasks without stretching the work day. Flexible working hours and working from home are available as long as consistent work quality is maintained.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- 70% of the company’s current staff comes from outside Japan. Their team has members from France, Spain, India, Russia, Egypt, Bulgaria, and other countries. Additionally, they welcome international interns every year. Their official working languages are English and Japanese, and although Japanese proficiency is appreciated, only a basic level is required for employment. The company often collaborates with overseas partners and their target markets include Europe, North America, East and Southeast Asia.
• Computer Science knowledge, background, and skills
• Programming proficiency
• Experience in UI/UX design
- Japanese Level
• Experience in Ruby
• Experience in Python
• Experience in any mobile application development
• Experience in C, C++
• Interest in new technologies such as IoT, AI, BigData
- Type of people (Personality)
- • Are able and eager to communicate their ideas quickly and efficiently to the rest of the team
• Capable of lateral thinking and and think outside the box
• Have dreams they are passionate about
• Eager to learn Japanese and understand the Japanese culture