- About the company
- This company founded in 1948 is dedicated to the production and sale of marine power distribution and control/measurement equipment. From its establishment, the company has been specializing in marine manufacturing. However, as it adapted to modern changes, the company has now transformed into a digital company. Its goal is to now provide support and services for maritime logistics through the help of modern technology. The company heeds to its common values: going beyond expectation, being proud of one’s work, supporting challenges, and having team harmony and mutual respect.
With its adaptation to modernization, a Digital Innovation LAB has been established within the company. The role of this department is to improve maritime services through innovative digital technology. They are working towards the development of a training software for marine engineers and seafarers with the use of a Mixed Reality Platform and Microsoft HoloLens. It is also developing autonomous navigation technology and other products utilizing IoT and Artificial Intelligence.
- Corporate Culture
- Although the company is a traditional Japanese company, they aspire to change the current environment, especially for the Innovative department. They are keen on developing a flat structure that encourages mutual-learning and team building. Employees dress casually for work and an award system exists for teams and individuals who make effective improvements. Remote work is also possible and so is engaging in side projects or businesses. It is also possible for the candidate to choose to work either in Tokyo or in Yamaguchi.
Aside from that, there is also a company-sponsored training in Silicon Valley, USA for its engineers. This is a 2 weeks all expense paid training that the employees get to participate in.
Depending on the candidate’s profile and experience, there are 2-3 rounds of interview. There will be technical questions for the first interview and candidates are expected to have strong AI skills.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- PR Aspects
- The company has won multiple awards and recognition.
The company has gained recognition of its unusual “dress casually” initiative for a traditional Japanese company.
- The company is looking for an AI development engineer to join its Digital Innovation department. As an AI engineer, you will be working with the company’s Innovation LAB in developing software and products related to Cross Reality Training and AI assistance and command technology.
The candidate is preferably someone who can join by October 2019 and participate in a 2-week training in Silicon Valley, USA.
-Understand the business problem, challenge of current technologies and areas of application for AI tech
-Develop required machine learning models or prototype applications applying formulated AI recipes and verify the problem/solution fit.
-Developing the new digital product for a marine industry(Coding, Programming, Debug)
-Agile development way
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-Some experiences to develop a model of AI with Python
-Some experiences to analyze the data by Jupyter Notebook
- Japanese Level
- Type of people (Personality)
- -People who can execute tasks
-Self-starters who are goal oriented
-People who can get along with team members
-Good Communication skills are a must
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）