- About the company
- This company founded in 1948 is dedicated to the production and sale of marine power distribution and control/measurement equipment. From its establishment, the company has been specializing in marine manufacturing. However, as it adapted to modern changes, the company has now transformed into a digital company. Its goal is to now provide support and services for maritime logistics through the help of modern technology. The company heeds to its common values: Going beyond expectations, being proud of one’s work, supporting challenges, and having team harmony and mutual respect.
With its adaptation to modernization, a Digital Innovation LAB has been established within the company. The role of this department is to improve maritime services through innovative digital technology. They are working towards the development of a training software for marine engineers and seafarers with the use of a Mixed Reality Platform and Microsoft HoloLens. It is also developing autonomous navigation technology and other products utilizing IoT and Artificial Intelligence.
- Corporate Culture
- Although the company is a Japanese company, they aspire to change the working environment, especially for the Innovative department. They are keen on developing a flat structure that encourages mutual-learning and team building. Employees dress casually for work and an award system exists for teams and individuals who make effective improvements. Remote work is also possible and so is engaging in side projects or businesses. It is also possible for the candidate to choose to work either in Tokyo or in Yamaguchi.
Additionally, there is also company-sponsored training in Silicon Valley, USA for its engineers. This is a 2-week all expense paid training that the employees get to participate in.
Depending on the candidate’s profile and experience, there are 2-3 rounds of interview. There will be technical questions for the first interview.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- PR Aspects
- The company has won multiple awards and recognition.
The company has gained recognition of its unusual “dress casually” initiative for a traditional Japanese company.
- The company is looking for a cloud development engineer to join its Digital Innovation department. As a cloud engineer, you will be working with the company’s Innovation LAB in developing software and products related to Cross Reality Training and AI assistance and command technology.
-Develop new digital product for marine industry (Coding, Programming, Debugging)
-DevOps of existing digital product for marine industry
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- It Skills
Framework- Front end related
-Cloud development experience such as Azure, GCP, or AWS
-3 years work experience as back-end engineer
-Agile development experience
- Japanese Level
-Development experience with node.js, react, and Linux(CentOS etc)
-Handled related projects in the past (More than 1 project within the past 3 years)
- Type of people (Personality)
- -People who are responsible for completing their own tasks
-People who can get along with team members
-Those who are action oriented
-People who are very motivated
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Work experience is must
3 years or so
After 5 years working, 50,000 of housing allowance will be paid if s/he lives in Tokyo.