- About the company
- With the mission of changing the world through changing the conventional beliefs as well as clothing, the company provides truly good quality clothes that can provide values that none of the previous clothes had. The company is trying to share the joy of wearing quality clothes to people from all over the world.
The company has variety of brand portfolio and there are 8 clothing brands.
and one of their main brands is the one that the company is involved in all phases of clothing meaning planning (of clothes), manufacturing, logistics all the way up to actual selling in the shops.
The company aims to become the number one global brand by 2020, and they have been very aggressive in acquiring foreign clothing brands.
The company heavily utilizes big data and all the customers’ voices are immediately analyzed and put them into data to contribute to new product planning. They have been making a lot of innovation in the way that factory and manufacturing line works as well as logistics line so that they can deliver the clothes to the customers in very prompt manner.
Established back in 1960s
The number of employees are over 40,000
- Corporate Culture
- There are many talented employees from all over the world. There are variety of works/projects that you will be involved in and you have to be flexible and are very good at communicating with other people in order to be successful in the company. The company is very fair in promotion and reflect your performance in promotion as well as in bonus.
The company encourages people to aim high as the company still maintains entrepreneurial spirit. For the bonus/promotion, people who set higher goals will get good evaluation even if he/she did not necessarily achieve the set goals.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- International sales
- The Global Creative Lab is the company's “creative base” in collaboration with creative teams from around the world, including New York, Tokyo and Paris, Portland, London and Shanghai. It is an organization responsible for improving the branding of the company.
The company's mission is to "change clothes, change common sense and change the world", transcend the framework of retail business, transform the business condition into "digital consumer retail company" and sell by 2020 We aim to become a global No. 1 apparel company and Japan's leading global company.
As a graphic designer, we will recruit members who will promote and improve branding on a global scale through creative enhancement.
■ Job Description
The "Branding Improvement" is an organizational mission, and we will work with any creative from shopper's design to large events such as events and season campaigns.
Some of the things specifically decided at this point are as follows.
・ Concept design of new flagship store and concrete measures
・ We make clothes concept in cooperation with R & D department every season, and based on the idea, we direct marketing, sales floor making, PR etc.
・ Edit the concept book for each season and plan and manage events
We will leave the design (graphic design) work for these events and products.
■ About department
GCL TOKYO is a new organization launched in September 2018. It consists of a creative director, an art director, a designer and an editor.
■ Required documents at the time of application
・ Please submit your resume with photo closeup and your portrait (URL is acceptable)
・ In the screening process, you may be asked to submit an assignment.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- It Skills
-Must have more than 3 years of practical experience in graphic design at operating companies (Ideally apparel and BtoC manufacturers), advertising agencies, publishers, production companies, etc.
- Must be able to use Graphic related software (Photoshop · Illustrator)
- Who has a clear track record of loving fashion
- Business level English
- Japanese Level
- Type of people (Personality)
- -Who can make a huge impact to the world from Japan.
-Who loves fashion.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Summer Holiday
- Other special holiday
- Golden Week
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）