- About the company
- Founded in 2018, this company is a research and development company specializing in robotic prosthetic knees. The founder, who lost his right leg when he was 9 years old, was driven and motivated to develop a product that will significantly improve the lives of disabled people or help elderly people improve their mobility. The company envisions to contribute to the development of human mobility through the integration of robotics.
The company combines robotics and biotechnology to innovate a smart prosthetic tool that works a bit smarter than the typical mass produced prosthetics. The design includes a smart learning feature that can understand and predict what movement the person actually wants to do. This minimizes accidents like tripping or falling over. The company is currently focusing on developing these products to help people with disabilities but they are planning on expanding and creating products to aid the elder population when it comes to improving their mobility and safety.
- Corporate Culture
- The company is very young and promising. They are currently operating with 13 team members and has a flat organizational structure. The CEO and founder is a foreigner and the employees can speak English. The company’s vision is truly inspiring and their initiatives and innovations aim to contribute to a better society. The work environment offers a flextime system for employees but because of the need to pay close attention to product details and innovations, they do not allow remote work at the moment. Communication within members especially engineers are given priority
- Global Aspects
- CEO/Executive is a foreigner
- Many employees speak English
- PR Aspects
- The funding raised for this company is around ¥100 000 000. Even before the formal establishment of the company, the design and prototype of the CEO has already won a James Dyson Award and Interactive Innovation Award for innovative ideas and products in South by Southwest (SXSW) both received in 2017
- As a software engineer, you will mainly be involved in embedded development on RTOS and application development on POSIX OS.
Also, due to the characteristics of the product, you will be involved in the specification development in cooperation with the control, electrical, and mechanical teams.
Currently, the company is approaching the mass production phase, and we will exchange opinions based on our knowledge and experience such as the ability to overlook the whole, risk prediction, quality assurance and management, and depending on the experience and desired position, the company will ask you coordinator role between inside and outside stakeholders.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
・Development experience on RTOS (regardless of type)
・Basics of object-oriented programming
- Japanese Level
・Mass production design experience (ability to overlook the whole)
・Knowledge and experience regarding various functional safety
・QC and QA knowledge and experience
・Project requirements definition experience
・Experience in server-side application development
- Type of people (Personality)
- - People who are interested in the company's vision
-People with initiative and have leadership skills
-Those who are Pro-Active
-People who can actively communicate and are not passive
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）