- About the company
- With the mission of realizing innovation in the field of language study, they are making various IT service/application using Artificial Intelligence technology as its core technology. The company was established by former employee who used to work for foreign investment bank. For his day-to-day business, English was required but since he did not have any experience of having studied abroad, it was very difficult for him to become fluent in English. He explored various learning methods and that led him to start this company. They have released various English learning apps, and two of the apps ranked top 1 for paid apps. There are millions of users for those apps. They have successfully secured funding from various well known VCs and they are ready to accelerate their activities. They are now moving to new office.
- Corporate Culture
- There are many foreign workers.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Many employees speak English
- PR Aspects
- The company respects diversity
- The main application is a service where users practice conversation in English. It is now available on both iOS and Android.
As the server-side engineer, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks with a small but experienced team of developers.
Your main task is designing and developing application's backend services, however, it also varies from designing new features for further efficiency of English learning, collecting and analyzing users' behavior on the app, building, managing and monitoring infrastructure to R&D regarding machine learning and natural language processing.
You are not necessarily well familiarized yourself on all of them, but possessing a passion to learn them to improve your current skill sets.
- PHP, Phinx
- AWS EC2, RDS, Route 53, Auto Scaling, ELB
- Swift 2
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- At least 1 year of development experience in Java, Python and Ruby
- At least 1 year of operating and managing REST API based services
- Bachelor's degree or 10-years work experience. (In order to receive the working visa)
- Japanese Level
- Development experience in other programming languages (Kotlin preferred)
- Web front-end development (Vue.js)
- Build and manage infrastructure on AWS an GCP
- Development experience in machine learning, NLP and ASR
-Higher than conversational Japanese is preferable, but this requirement could be lowered depending on your motivation, skills and experience.
- Type of people (Personality)
- who has passion in teaching English
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Golden Week
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- - You can choose working hours from below.
- You end working for 8 hours work from the start
- The company does not encourage overtime work