- About the company
- The startup company was established in January 2018. They created an application that makes exercises and workouts more fun and creative by having a virtual fitness trainer combined with popular music that you can access anywhere and anytime. The company tries to make staying active more fun and personalized by having an app with different features such as having a wide range of exercise levels from beginner to advanced level, various music genres, exercise duration types, and location usage (whether you are working out at the gym, home or outside). The various classes are updated weekly to keep the workouts fun. The fitness voice trainers are selected carefully to match the different types of exercise classes available ranging from running, cycling, yoga and many more.
The company’s philosophy revolves around promoting an active and healthy lifestyle for people, young and old. The CEO became interested with healthcare and fitness when he started joining the gym and working out when he was staying in New York while taking his masters in business. He was inspired and motivated to find a solution to improve an active lifestyle through technology. Together with the team, they created BeatFit not only because of the potential in the healthcare and fitness industry but because they all share the belief in trying to promote health and wellness through an active lifestyle.
The company consistently values three major aspects that they call the “three first”.
The company highly values the opinion of the customers and the type of customer relationship they build. This is not limited externally but as well as internally. Regardless of position, the company values the ideas, opinions, and concerns of each member of their respective teams.
The company firmly believe that time is their greatest asset. They aim at achieving continuous innovation and improvements as quickly as possible. They believe that the key to do this successfully is through each member giving their best performance and cooperation as a team.
Employees and their families are the most important supporters of their company. They believe that family circumstances and events take precedence over business. They try to create a healthy and happy environment not only for their customers but also for their employees and themselves.
- Corporate Culture
- The tech startup resembles an adhocracy culture wherein innovation and agility is very important but at the same time work-life balance is also put into priority. Their work environment is flexible and encourages creative freedom from their employees. Their uniqueness as a company lies in creativity and diversity.
Since their line of business is in the health and wellness industry, they also want their employees to have a healthy and active lifestyle by giving them support through subsidizing employee gym fees. The company also strives to keep up to date with the latest technology and provides their employees with latest computers with a dual display. This is also to create and maintain a highly productive workplace. The members who joins their team will also receive novelty goods such as original team shirts. To keep the ideas flowing and maintain the high level of energy in the office, there is also a free coffee perk for the team.
- Global Aspects
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- The company recently raised around 200 million yen for funds.
- The company is looking for a front-end engineer to develop and operate their fitness voice guide application. The company aims to look for people who also wants to have a big positive social impact on the Japanese health industry. In the near future, the company is planning to expand world-wide and they want you to keep developing and improving the service features of the app.
If you are passionate about health and fitness and contributing to the society then you are what the company is looking for.
-Front-end development and maintenance of company apps
-Design and development of new services
-Listen to customer feedback and provide improvements based on them
-Write self-documenting and well-tested code with an emphasis on sustainable development practices
-Server side: Ruby (Ruby on Rails), Firebase, Node.js
-Front end: ReactNative, Riot.js
-DB: MySQL, BigQuery
-Infrastructure: AWS, heroku
-Project management: Backlog, GitHubProject
-Communication tool: Slack
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-Some experience in developing an app with React Native
-Experience in working in a team
- Japanese Level
-Practical experience in application development company
-People who have worked at startup
- Type of people (Personality)
- -People who loves challenges
-Good sense of teamwork
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits