- About the company
- With the mission to change the world by changing the conventional beliefs of clothing, the company provides quality clothes at a great price. The company is trying to share the joy of wearing quality clothes to people all over the world.
The company operates a wide brand portfolio, with 8 different fashion brands. Their flagship brand, known for their high quality everyday comfort, operates globally and is responsible for their own manufacturing process: from procurement and design to production and retail / ecommerce sales.
The company aims to become the world's number 1 apparel retailer, and plans to strengthen their global presence in 2020. To do so they have been very aggressive in acquiring foreign clothing brands and further expanding globally. They have been making a lot of innovation in the way that factory and manufacturing line works as well as logistics line so that they can deliver the clothes to the customers in very prompt manner.
- Corporate Culture
- There are many talented employees from all over the world. There are variety of works/projects that you will be involved in and you have to be flexible and are very good at communicating with other people in order to be successful in the company. The company is very fair in promotion and reflect your performance in promotion as well as in bonus.
The company encourages people to aim high as the company still maintains entrepreneurial spirit. For bonus and promotion, people who set higher goals will get better evaluations even if he/she did not necessarily achieve the set goals.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Many employees speak English
- Joint company/office overseas
- International sales
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Market research overseas
- PR Aspects
- This is Japan's leading retail emporium - with a goal to be the world's biggest retail chain by 2020, their current revenues that run in the trillions of the yen is only set to rise in the run-up to reaching its ultimate goal.
- Other details
- Structured On-boarding after you join the team
- Values clearly defined
- Training opportunities
- Clear career path
- Japanese lessons for foreign employees
- The company aims to become the world's leading apparel group by transforming its business style into a "Digital Consumer Retail Company" beyond the framework of retail business. Above all, sustainability is more important than ever to become a true global company.
[Mission / Job Description of each area]
The following positions are assumed in this recruitment position: There are many tasks that are closely related to each other, so depending on the task you are responsible for, there may be assignments that span multiple areas.
※ If you have the desired job, please write it along with your career motivation in your job record.
(1) Social innovation area
■ The mission is to create and implement sustainability activities that solve both “business issues” and “social issues”.
■ As an approach, we identify social issues for each “store area”, “production area”, and “area with other serious issues”, and customers, employees, employees of business partners, non-profit organizations Contribute to the solution of problems in the local community while collaborating with other organizations. In addition, we will work on educational support that maximizes our resources, promotion of regional employment and procurement, support for socially vulnerable people in the region, and social support through clothes.
(2) Environmental area *
■ The mission is to contribute to sustainable business by reducing environmental impact through reviewing and innovating business processes in all supply chains, from factories to logistics consignees to stores.
■ Focus on five areas of climate change, energy, water, resources / waste, and chemicals to reduce global environmental impact.
■ In particular, with regard to monitoring and environmental protection at factories consigned to production, it is desirable to have expertise and practical experience in waste recycling and recycling society, and expertise and practical experience in water resource management.
(3) Communication area
■ Contributing to marketing and branding by communicating the company's sustainability policy and specific activities properly and effectively inside and outside the company based on the needs of customers and other stakeholders, as well as social and industry trends. It is a mission.
■ We will disseminate all sustainability information in collaboration with other areas within the Sustainability Department, the merchandising and marketing departments of each brand, and the IR department. Also, create new sustainability initiatives from the perspective of sustainability marketing and ESG.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
・ Practical experience leading to each area of sustainability in operating companies, consulting companies, government agencies etc (Practical experience related to the above mentioned areas such as marketing, product planning, production department, etc. also welcomed)
・ Business Level English
・ Sustainability knowledge or Academic background related to the fields.
- Japanese Level
・Business level Japanese is a plus.
- Type of people (Personality)
- ・Who can commit to the company for long.