- About the company
- The start-up company whose mission is to empower collaborative achievement through Augmented Reality(AR) technology started in 2014. The goal is to encourage people to spend more time together and bond in the real world at any time, any place and with anyone by giving them a unique experience with the help of AR tech. The company strongly adheres to their values: grow true happiness, produce meaningful impact, courageousness, fast execution, and fairness.
The AR/VR technology is continuously developing and getting more and more popular. The company saw this opportunity and worked on creating an AR/VR platform easily accessible and downloadable to users providing them with real-time information on their devices. They plan to demonstrate the power of AR by developing fun and interactive programs to enrich people’s lives whether it be through games or puzzles.
The company is currently focusing on 2 main projects:
1.) AR Cloud-They have been developing the back-end technology “AR Cloud” to enable real-time interaction with real space and linked digital content. This is considered as one of the most difficult issues in the AR industry and the company is actively investing in technology development to enrich the experience in real space.
2.) AR Puzzle Game-They are creating real-world game services with AR technology, encouraging players to interact with their surroundings in a way they have never done before. These consist of various elements including movement, exploration, puzzle solving and role playing. The first series of the game was released last summer in Tokyo, with ambitions to deliver the experience to other cities and create more exciting sequels.
- Corporate Culture
- As an innovative tech company, their structure is flat which aims to create a working environment where team members are encouraged to voice out their ideas and unleash their creativity. The company is pushing for a global and international environment wherein the official language used in the office is English.
1-on-1 Meeting every 2 weeks: 1-on-1 meetings with the director department and CEO provides opportunity for team members to influence company policy while challenging themselves to grow along the way.
Be Global Friendly: This is a global organization where have of the team are foreigners and the main language used is English.
Flexible Working: The working hours are flexible to encourage work-life balance and to be able to make room for improving individual skills such as language learning capabilities.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Many employees speak English
- Official Language is English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- Wins Session: Friday nights are a cause for celebration for the team and they gather around for drinks, snacks and congratulate each other’s efforts and achievements for the week’s work.
AR/VR Devices: The office is equipped with a number of the latest devices in the AR/VR technology.
Experience New-Tech: Inlign with the company’s aim to continuously develop their product they provide opportunities within their team to experience the latest entertainment crazes in addition to their team building.
The company is gaining vast popularity among tech savvy users and gamers.
The company has been featured on different online articles.
- The company is looking for a world-class computer vision engineer with extensive experience in SLAM to solve the most challenging and cutting-edge problems in the field of AR.
You will be required to design and implement advanced algorithms for large-scale localization and mapping, combining challenging academic work with the real-world impact.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-3+ years software engineering experience in computer vision or machine learning
-Experience with computer vision (SLAM, feature and object detection/ recognition/ tracking etc.)
-Experience with machine learning, deep neural networks, frameworks (e.g. Caffe, TensorFlow, Theano, Torch etc.)
-Proficiency in C++/ Java skills.
- Japanese Level
-Experience with C#, RESTful API, android, iOS
-Experience with Android native app development
-Experience with Java
- Type of people (Personality)
- -Having customer-oriented mind at heart
-Focused on producing a meaningful impact
-Ability to iterate the prototyping process as fast as possible
-Always striving for excellence in execution
-Determined to push the state of the art forward
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Flextime system
Core working time: 12:00-17:00
40 hour long working time in total is required per week
Housing allowance: available with limitations
Visa sponsorship: available
International working environment in a calm part of the city
The rare opportunity to be involved in learning nearly every aspect of how an early-stage startup grows and scales
Depending on skills and experience, the salary could be around 9 million JPY