- About the company
- The company has a simple vision to make AI as easy to use and accessible as possible by making AI independent from big data and heavy computing resources. The company therefore plans to democratize AI and make it available to everyone, not just giant companies.
The company is a pure technology driven AI startup that is focusing on creating original and game-changing technology for different industries. They are working with clients from diverse fields including autonomous driving, drones, surveillance and manufacturers.
The company has developed it’s own original deep learning algorithm which is able to function without the use of pre-training models and can outperform other widely used algorithms in terms of tradeoff of accuracy, speed, and network size.
The company has also developed an original detection/recognition algorithm which differs from industry standard machine learning based object detection and recognition algorithms in the sense that it is the world’s first learning-free algorithm which can recognize an object with only one or a few samples.
The company is also developing innovative AR technology which is able to remotely control and communicate with objects through laser pointers.
- Corporate Culture
- The company is still small with less than 10 employees but the company is made up of experts in their field. Team members on average have about 15 years experience related to machine learning and computer vision. Most employees come from a team which has developed a well known and successful computer vision product.
The company values flexibility and work life balance. They have a flextime system in place allowing employees to work in a way that suits their lifestyle and they provide a generous amount of paid days off.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- CEO/Executive is a foreigner
- Many employees speak English
- Joint company/office overseas
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Market research overseas
- PR Aspects
- -The company is based in a beautiful city in Shiga prefecture. Located only 20 minutes by train from Kyoto city, this is the perfect opportunity to enjoy the relaxing lifestyle of rural Japan while working on the technology of the future.
-Employees are able to communicate in English and regularly work with international clients.
-The company is a member of Japan’s deep learning association.
- The company has a simple vision to make AI as easy to use and accessible as possible by making AI independent from big data and heavy computing resources. They are currently looking for Deep Learning and Machine Learning Engineers to join their team.
-Development of machine learning algorithms and applications, which may include but is not limit to
1. Create and implement deep learning algorithms
2. Do experiment ( test, result analysis and so on)
3. Computing machine/server setup
4. Data annotation
-Develop computer vision algorithms and applications such as 3D reconstruction
-Documentation and publishing
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- It Skills
Programming Languages-Data base related
-Willing to relocate in Shiga
-Experience and achievements in Kaggle or competitive programming
-Bachelor or master degree of computer science or relevant majors. Ph.D will be a plus
-Good programming ability using popular programming languages, especially C/C++ and Python
-Familiar with Linux or unix like OSs.
-Be able to read academic papers, familiar with paper survey on top tier journals/conferences or Arxiv.
-Experience on publishing deep learning/computer vision papers will be a plus
-Experience on application development on Linux or single board computer such as Raspberry Pi
- Japanese Level
-You can work there at least 3 years
- Type of people (Personality)
- -Tech savvy
-Passion to keep learning
-Those who likes challenges
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Time is not fixed
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Summer Holiday
- Other special holiday
- Golden Week
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Free snack
- You can choose your own PC type
- Conference/event participation support
- Book purchase support
- Free Coffee/Tea
- The core time is from 11:00 to 14:00.
You can work form home once a month.