- About the company
- This company aims to create pioneering technology that is indispensable in our every day lives. Working primarily in the space industry, this company specializes in creating satellite technology that drastically makes one of the most traditionally expensive products - satellites - cost-effective and accessible on a commercial scale.
The two main services they provide is split between government and corporate clients.
On the government level, this company is working with JAXA in an exclusive partnership to build and launch 50 satellites into space by 2020. Using the combined satellite data, they aim to have total coverage of the earth’s total surface area. The rich macro data collected will thereafter be used to help sustain entire industries and geographies such as agriculture.
On a commercial level, the company will also be creating customised satellites for companies based on their specific business needs. This company is providing this service at a highly competitive rate amongst other providers because of their cost-reducing structure.
By developing and utilizing innovative technology in one of the hardest sectors to break into (i.e., the space industry) they have built a reputation for being a game-changing company in the sector both in Japan and globally. With applications in agriculture, forestry, infrastructure monitoring to say a few, the amount of data this company has developed has amassed information that can be used across sectors to manage and monitor activities for the better.
- Corporate Culture
- The company values initiative across the board. As a start-up this is trait is highly valued in order to help push the boundaries of the industry and to move the company forward to gain a competitive advantage. If you're a self-starter with a passion for innovation and technology, this is the company for you!
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Market research overseas
- PR Aspects
- The company was the first company in the world to create commercially available satellites. They are also leading pioneers in the field of microsatellites which have built them a client base that ranges from government bodies and institutions such as JAXA to corporate bodies across sectors.
- As a power supply system development engineer for small satellites, you will work on the small satellite development work as a person in charge of power supply system design, power balance analysis, power supply circuit design and operation verification and evaluation.
The details of the tasks are below
[Power balance analysis]
-Implementation of a design that can meet the power requirements from the beginning to the end of the launch (due to equipment deterioration and changes in power generation due to orbit)
-Perform sizing of solar cells and batteries
-Regularly update and manage power consumption information according to development progress
[Power supply system design]
-Power distribution function and power generation capacity required in each development and operation phase
-Design of power generation and distribution system considering efficiency to realize it
-Drop into the schematics of the various circuit functions that make up the power generation and distribution system
[Power supply circuit development]
-Development of battery charging circuit, regulator circuit and power distribution circuit
-Conduct circuit design, design of substrate, commissioning of manufacturing of substrate, management, evaluation of substrate
-Implementation of exhaust heat design (How to attach a substrate for exhaust heat to a satellite, etc. Adjustment with heat / structure system)
[Selection of power supply components]
-Selection of battery modules (capacity, life, safety), procurement, evaluation
-Selection of photovoltaic cells, assembly production / consignment, evaluation
-Regularly investigate trends in new element technologies, and consider recruitment and verification
-Implementation of improvement of legacy system and development study of new system
-Work closely with other engineering teams, partners and vendors for power system quality security
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-Bachelor's degree in the field of science and engineering
-More than 3 years of power supply circuit or analog circuit, or experience of multiple development cycles
-Experience in designing or instructing artwork for power circuits
- Japanese Level
-Knowledge of satellite orbit and attitude, power system.
-Work experience related to satellite development or operation.
-Knowledge about solar cells.
-Knowledge of lithium ion batteries.
-Experience in system design and evaluation for charging and discharging the system using secondary battery (no matter what kind of CAD in circuit design, but have at least 3 years experience in design and evaluation) )
Experience in EMC evaluation and its measures.
-Software development experience in C ++ or Python and similar languages.
- Type of people (Personality)
- Those who intend to be an expert in the entire power system*/*
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Special Housing Allowance