- About the company
- As the Digital and Innovation arm of a global consulting firm that boasts offices around the world all working with a diverse portfolio of companies. They manage the development of business solutions for their stakeholders, this division is tasked with achieving their goal of maximizing the use of technology to help businesses to understand their data, shorten lead time and simplify their processes.
If you are interested to work in a fast-paced, continually changing team and have a background in digital technologies and approaches this is the position for you.
- Corporate Culture
- At the core, this company is a traditional consulting firm, with clear steps for career progression, fast-paced and demanding of excellence from their employees. The Digital and Innovation department is a tight-knit group, of highly motivated self-starters who are very goal oriented and work well together.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Many employees speak English
- Official Language is English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- Its diverse team consisting of about 12 people, all with different backgrounds and expertise, there 9 different nationalities represented in the team.
- As a data scientist, you will work in a dynamic and evolving environment following the strategic direction of the company. You are the foremost experts in advanced modeling techniques and mathematical methods; algorithm use and optimization; and data science technologies. Your role is to understand the full spectrum of data feature retrieval, selection, and engineering; model technique selection and integration; interpretation of outputs; and development of recommendations. You are able to identify commonalities across seemingly disparate analytic use cases, in order to identify unique ways of approaching modeling.
Roles and Responsibilities:
-Retrieve, prepare, and process a rich data variety of data sources such as social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, legal data, and operational data.
-Analyze and model structured data and implement algorithms to support analysis using advanced statistical and mathematical methods from statistics, machine learning, data mining, econometrics, and operations research.
-Perform Statistical Natural Language Processing to mine unstructured data, using methods such as document clustering, topic analysis, named entity recognition, document classification, and sentiment analysis.
-Utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as R, SAS, Clojure, Python, Spark, Hadoop, QlikView, and Tableau.
-Translate advanced business analytic problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations, in diverse domains such as risk management, product development, marketing research, supply chain, and public policy; communicate results and educate others through insightful visualizations, reports, and presentations.
-Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses, and uncover interesting trends and relationships.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- It Skills
Programming Languages-Data base related
• Deep knowledge/experience in statistics, data mining, machine learning, and/or Natural Language Processing
• Expert problem-solving ability through the use and/or development of algorithms, models, testing, etc
• Generally MS or PhD-level math, statistics, operations research, engineering, computer
science or econometrics
• Deep experience in extracting, cleaning, preparing and modeling data
• Experience with command-line scripting, data structures, and algorithms; ability to work
in a Linux environment
• Proficiency in analysis packages (e.g. R, SAS) and programming languages (e.g. Python,
Clojure, Java, Scala)
- Japanese Level
-Japanese ability is not a must requirement but it is nice to have
- Type of people (Personality)
- Those who with ability to work with team members and clients to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve problems, using excellent verbal/written communication
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）