- About the company
- This company aims to create pioneering technology that is indispensable in our every day lives. Working primarily in the space industry, this company specializes in creating satellite technology that drastically makes one of the most traditionally expensive products - satellites - cost-effective and accessible on a commercial scale.
The two main services they provide is split between government and corporate clients.
On the government level, this company is working with JAXA in an exclusive partnership to build and launch 50 satellites into space by 2020. Using the combined satellite data, they aim to have total coverage of the earth’s total surface area. The rich macro data collected will thereafter be used to help sustain entire industries and geographies such as agriculture.
On a commercial level, the company will also be creating customised satellites for companies based on their specific business needs. This company is providing this service at a highly competitive rate amongst other providers because of their cost-reducing structure.
By developing and utilizing innovative technology in one of the hardest sectors to break into (i.e., the space industry) they have built a reputation for being a game-changing company in the sector both in Japan and globally. With applications in agriculture, forestry, infrastructure monitoring to say a few, the amount of data this company has developed has amassed information that can be used across sectors to manage and monitor activities for the better.
- Corporate Culture
- The company values initiative across the board. As a start-up this is trait is highly valued in order to help push the boundaries of the industry and to move the company forward to gain a competitive advantage. If you're a self-starter with a passion for innovation and technology, this is the company for you!
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Market research overseas
- PR Aspects
- The company was the first company in the world to create commercially available satellites. They are also leading pioneers in the field of microsatellites which have built them a client base that ranges from government bodies and institutions such as JAXA to corporate bodies across sectors.
- This position, Back-end engineer, provides users who need the company services data with the way to access them using Web based technology. The company provides anyone with satellite data and insight which will be useful for them, so the company needs the way to exchange that kind of data effectively.
The candidate would be responsible for the back-end development of a big-data web application focused on satellite imagery. Those images were taken by Axelspace satellites.
The tasks are below.
-Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
-Write clean code to develop functional APIs and interact with web applications
-Troubleshoot and debug applications and APIs
-Optimize the performance of server applications and database
-Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
-Gather and address technical and design requirements
-Build maintainable code and libraries for future use
-Keep security of data from the viewpoint of application layer
-Contribute to services operation phase
-Follow emerging technologies
-Work closely with other engineering teams, partners, and vendors to ensure inter-operability/reuse
-Write reports documenting the design and analysis results and present them to management and to the customer during various design reviews;
-Performs other duties as assigned or required.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-Degree in Computer Science or work experience equivalent to it.
-Experience designing databases with PostgreSQL or similar open-source RDBM systems.
-Proficiency in bash, Python and/or NodeJS/Rust.
- Japanese Level
-Experience in building data processing pipelines & analysis platforms or distributed computing systems in data-oriented company/clients.
-Experience in building and maintaining large data stores (>1TB)
-Cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP, etc.)
-Experience in designing and developing APIs (GraphQL, REST, RPC, etc.).
-Experience in automated deployment, IaaS
-Experience in handling imagery big-data
-Familiarity with data processing and machine learning algorithms
-Familiarity with remote sensing technologies, libraries and tools
- Type of people (Personality)
- Those who are interested in the filed of space
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Special Housing Allowance