- About the company
- The company is a fast-growing start-up that is working on the development and mass production of a robot avatar that transmits sight, hearing and touch. Their mission is to “create a world where every single person at every corner of the planet can benefit from the robotic revolution.” The main objective is to free people from time and space constraints by using remotely operated robots to interact with the remote environment. The technology that they are applying and continuously developing was first proposed in the 1980s at the University of Tokyo by one of the current chairmans of the company. The company started in 2017 and is backed by one of Japan’s giant corporations. They have also secured partnerships with international companies like NVIDIA.
The key technologies the company works on are the combination of ultra-low latency screening, hybrid intelligent control, mobile cockpit design, and unique mechanical design. The applications the company are developing includes gaming and entertainment applications, and remote work applications.
The fast growing start-up has a flat organizational structure that promotes the increased involvement of each and every member of the team. Since the company is rapidly developing marketable avatar robots, control cockpits, and the cloud infrastructure necessary to connect human operations with motion data, the efficiency of the team’s coordination, speed of communication and decision making process is very important. The company’s environment is very flexible but they push and motivate their employees to continuously pursue growth and development.
The company focuses not just on the technical skills of their employees or the candidates that they are looking for, but more importantly they are after individuals who are driven by the same passion and interest they possess in the Robotics industry. 50% of their employees are foreigners and English is the main language used in the workplace.
The qualified candidates who will pass the screening will be invited for an interview with the CTO and CPO directly. This is to give the candidate a more concrete grasp of what their role is going to be within the company.
- Corporate Culture
- - The culture and environment are like a Silicon Valley Start-Up company.
- The company loves innovation and those who have a creative mind that matches their vision.
- The number of employees is around 30 and 50% of them are foreigners.
- The main language of communication in the office is English.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- CEO/Executive is a foreigner
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Official Language is English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- -Main clients are big companies in Japan and all over the world.
-The company has a huge potential to be the most famous Robotics company in the world.
-The CTO and CPO are known as one of the best engineers in Japan.
The CTO and CPO are known as one of the best engineers in Japan.
-Their technology has been featured on different publications and websites.
-Youtube videos about their technology has garnered a hundreds and thousands of views.
- The lead AI engineer (Computer Vision) position is targeted for a candidate who has extensive knowledge and hands on experience with object recognition, tracking and classification with the latest state-of-the art machine learning algorithms. The specific job role would include:
1. Development of a machine learning based object detection algorithm for large scale dataset.
2. Object tracking and pose estimation with dense environments.
3. Developing smarter and more efficient ways for automating data creation and
streamlining the process of segmentation, augmentation and reward processing.
4. Optimizing and scaling up the machine learning models to run faster with distributed
systems, cloud AI and high-performance computing.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- It Skills
Programming Languages-Data base related
・3+ years industry experience with computer vision 2D/3D tracking and pose estimation. (OpenCV or similar)
・2+ years’ experience and deep understanding about machine learning algorithms (DNN, CNN, RNN etc...) rather than just applying existing algorithms.
・2+ years industry experience on Mask R-CNN, Faster R-CNN, Yolo or any other similar algorithm.
・Expert in Linux software development with C++.
・Good knowledge with distributed systems, cloud AI and high-performance computing.
・Business level English
- Japanese Level
- Type of people (Personality)
- ・Self-management skills
・Who can share the company's vision.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once or twice a yesr
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Summer Holiday
- Other special holiday
- Golden Week
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Free snack
- You can choose your own PC type
- Conference/event participation support
- Book purchase support
- Free Coffee/Tea