- About the company
- As the Digital and Innovation arm of a global consulting firm that boasts offices around the world all working with a diverse portfolio of companies. They manage the development of business solutions for their stakeholders, this division is tasked with achieving their goal of maximizing the use of technology to help businesses understand their data, shorten lead time and simplify their processes.
If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, continually changing team and have a background in digital technologies and approaches this is the company for you.
- Corporate Culture
- ・This company is a traditional consulting firm, with clear steps for career progression, fast-paced and demanding of excellence from their employees. The Digital and Innovation department is a tight-knit group, of highly motivated self-starters who are very goal oriented and work well together.
・70% of employees are technologists, 60% of them are foreign employees.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Many employees speak English
- Official Language is English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- Its diverse team consisting of about 100 people, all with different backgrounds and expertise, there are 15 different nationalities represented in the team.
- You will work in a dynamic and evolving environment following the strategic direction of the company. You will contribute to the delivery of data solutions in one or more of the following industries: finance, energy, healthcare, retail and banking, with knowledge and experiences in data sciences as well as skills and techniques in data engineering. Depending on the project, you will take part in one or more roles in a data science project lifecycle, from business understanding, data acquisition, data processing, advanced analytics, modeling, deployment and optimization.
You will be a proactive problem-solver, with the following responsibilities:
• Translate advanced business analytic problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations in diverse domains such as risk management, product development, marketing research, supply chain, and public policy; communicate results and educate others through insightful visualizations, reports and presentations
• Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses, and uncover interesting trends and relationships
• Retrieve, prepare, and process a rich data variety of data sources such as social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, legal data, and operational data
• Analyze and model structured data and implement algorithms to support analysis using advanced statistical and mathematical methods from statistics, machine learning, data mining, econometrics, and operations research
• Perform Statistical Natural Language Processing to mine unstructured data, using methods such as document clustering, topic analysis, named entity recognition, document classification, and sentiment analysis
• Work on implementing complex data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple skill sets. These include code development and deployment, supporting data processing pipelines; data mining/science algorithms; and visualization engineering.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- It Skills
Programming Languages-Data base related
• Advanced degree in quantitative field like math, statistics, operations research, engineering, computer science or
• More than 3 years industrial experience in solving real life business problems by using knowledge/skills in at least
two of the followings areas: statistics, data mining, machine learning, optimization, simulation and/or natural
language processing(NLP) and computer vision
• More than 3 years (continuous) hands-on experiences in Python and 1 year experience in at least one of the
following programming languages: R/Java/Scala/C++/Julia
• Experience with command-line scripting, data structures, and algorithms; ability to work in a Linux environment
• Capable of picking up new languages and technologies quickly; understanding of cloud and distributed systems
- Japanese Level
• Capability of designing analytics scenarios based on domain knowledge in financial service
• Expert ability to guide on rapidly ingest, transform, engineer, and visualize data, both for ad hoc and product-level
data & analytic solutions
• Experience with data visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Plotly, Shiny) and cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Expertise with programming methodologies such as version control, testing, QA, and development methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
• Ability to work with team members and clients to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve problems, using excellent problem-solving skills, verbal/written communication, and the ability to explain technical concepts to business people
- Ideal candidate
- -Those who are passionate about discovering and applying new technologies, ideas and unique solutions to complex and transformational business problems
-Those who are highly motivated and with a high level of discipline and a structured approach for documenting and
managing own work
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
Commute allowance, Health Insurance, Welfare pension insurance,
Employment insurance, Worker's accident insurance、retirement package, Health insurance association cafeteria Plan, etc.
Paid leave: 10～20 days/Year
OFF days 120days/Year
2days off (Sat, Sun)/Week、
National Holidays, Year-end, New Year, Congratulations and condolences vacation, Special Vacation
KPMG Ignition TOKYO
-Depending on your task, you may work at other site of KPMG-
- Remote Work