- About the company
- The company is a fast-growing start-up that is working on the development and mass production of a robot avatar that transmits sight, hearing and touch. Their mission is to “create a world where every single person at every corner of the planet can benefit from the robotic revolution.” The main objective is to free people from time and space constraints by using remotely operated robots to interact with the remote environment. The technology that they are applying and continuously developing was first proposed in the 1980s at the University of Tokyo by one of the current chairmans of the company. The company started in 2017 and is backed by one of Japan’s giant corporations. They have also secured partnerships with international companies like NVIDIA.
The key technologies the company works on are the combination of ultra-low latency screening, hybrid intelligent control, mobile cockpit design, and unique mechanical design. The applications the company are developing includes gaming and entertainment applications, and remote work applications.
The fast growing start-up has a flat organizational structure that promotes the increased involvement of each and every member of the team. Since the company is rapidly developing marketable avatar robots, control cockpits, and the cloud infrastructure necessary to connect human operations with motion data, the efficiency of the team’s coordination, speed of communication and decision making process is very important. The company’s environment is very flexible but they push and motivate their employees to continuously pursue growth and development.
The company focuses not just on the technical skills of their employees or the candidates that they are looking for, but more importantly they are after individuals who are driven by the same passion and interest they possess in the Robotics industry. 50% of their employees are foreigners and English is the main language used in the workplace.
The qualified candidates who will pass the screening will be invited for an interview with the CTO and CPO directly. This is to give the candidate a more concrete grasp of what their role is going to be within the company.
- Corporate Culture
- - The culture and environment are like a Silicon Valley Start-Up company.
- The company loves innovation and those who have a creative mind that matches their vision.
- The number of employees is around 30 and 50% of them are foreigners.
- The main language of communication in the office is English.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- CEO/Executive is a foreigner
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Official Language is English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- -Main clients are big companies in Japan and all over the world.
-The company has a huge potential to be the most famous Robotics company in the world.
-The CTO and CPO are known as one of the best engineers in Japan.
The CTO and CPO are known as one of the best engineers in Japan.
-Their technology has been featured on different publications and websites.
-Youtube videos about their technology has garnered a hundreds and thousands of views.
- As a Robotics Software Engineer, you will design and develop software operation frameworks running on Linux and tools to manage and maintain the robots.
The company has been developing core-components to control telepresence robots (e.g. Motion Planning Algorithms, Motor Control, Network Communication, Video Streaming..).
But the team needs an engineer who will integrate those components and make it ready for production (e.g. Error handling, How to set up in the factory, How to maintain onsite, How to update the system, ...)
- Design and develop reliable software architecture on the robot for production
- Establish non-functional requirements (security, reliability, maintainability, usability, etc.) at the solution level
- Integrate software components and make the entire system ready for production
- Develop service/factory tools to manage/setup the robot
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- It Skills
Programming Languages-Data base related
- 5+ years of professional software/middleware development experience for robotics, IoT devices or similar area.
- Ability to design a reliable software architecture for robots for commercial use.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and Python programming languages within a Linux development environment.
- Language skills: Fluent in English (Japanese skill is a plus).
- Experience in ROS
- Japanese Level
- Experience with test engineering, mechatronic system testing and validation
- Type of people (Personality)
- -Risk taker
-People who embrace challenges
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）