- About the company
- This company was founded out of the CEO's personal experience followed by a big dream to help others. Its vision is to develop a diagnosis device for breast cancer.
After one and a half years of struggle and pain, the CEO's mother lost the battle to breast cancer. It was a malignant glioblastoma. The CEO was still a high school student, and this great lost affected her in many ways. She decided to turn this tragic experience into a commitment to this world: not to let many people, including those at a young age, lose their beloved ones to this malignant type of cancer that can be cured, in 90% of the cases, if detected during the early stages.
In fact, it is still at around 30% low, the percentage of women who have breast cancer check in Japan.
In 2014, the CEO had a discussion with her husband who is a researcher in the field of ultrasonic. This conversation brought about a new technology that allows a more effective breast cancer diagnosis. It has a huge potential to help millions of people if it spreads to the world.
As a start-up company from Tokyo University, they research and develop the diagnosis device using ultrasonic that can provide a cross-sectional image. With this technology, the company aims to detect cancer regardless of individual differences such as the rate of the mammary gland.
The company is looking for someone who not only would love to develop his/her technical career, but also has a mission to help people.
- Corporate Culture
- The number of employees is 15 now(2017/12).
The average age is late 30s.
The CEO studied abroad and can speak English and some of the R&D also can speak English.
The company was founded in 2016, so the company is looking for someone who wants to make the corporate culture together.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- PR Aspects
- The top researchers in Japan work here.
- The ring echo device under development at the company is an innovative diagnostic imaging device that strongly supports the early detection of breast cancer, which is the top cancer mortality rate for women. You will be involved in the design and implementation of the CAD (automatic image diagnosis using AI) function of the device under development. You will be responsible for the implementation of a method to detect lesions with high accuracy from images taken with a ring echo system.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
・ Development experience in image processing or machine learning
・ Skills to lead discussion in the team about the modules in order to make specification
- Japanese Level
Experience in image processing using medical images.
Experience in implementation of deep learning.
- Type of people (Personality)
- those who have background in Math, Physics, information technology, electrical engineering, machine engineering or measurement engineering.
Masa's addition: more than strong IT people, the company wants those with research experience from Physics and the likes.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- The part-time/intern requires more than 6 working hours per week
Hourly wage for the part-time/intern: 1500~2000 JPY