- About the company
- The fourth industrial revolution has brought about an incredible integration in the way we interact with and adapt to innovative technology. While many questions continue to arise around the impact of technology in our lives, there is no doubt that it will become an increasingly integrated part of the world. Nine years ago, a bioinformatics engineer at the University of Tokyo, decided to leave his academic pursuits in order to further his entrepreneurial interests. Having already participated as a founding member of another university-based drug discovery venture company while studying, he recognised this gap and decided to build his own company to create ‘warm’ technology that humanised the interaction and consequent relationship we have with emerging technologies.
Since its establishment in 2007, the company has steadily grown and has made strides towards establishing itself as Japan’s leading voice recognition company. With a strong belief in the transfer of skills frame academia into business, the company is eager to expand its business and capture opportunities to create business applications from research in voice recognition technology by harnessing its full potential in R&D. With its landmark voice recognition product steadily rising in demand, the company is eager to build its team and is eager to hire candidates with an international academic background who can take initiative to share ideas on how to expand and/or enhance its existing services.
They have a strong interest in people with an academic background and are eager to hire people who are seeking to transfer their skills and knowledge into the private sector.
- Corporate Culture
- - The company strongly encourages its employees in R&D to be pioneers and explore new products
- The work style is very flexible, with a flex-time system in place, people are able to work the hours that suit them best
- There is also the option to work remotely for up to two days a week
- Alongside the focus in business, they also encourage engineers to harvest knowledge from leading companies and institutions from around the world by attending conferences and seminars.
- Being seated in research and development will include two key responsibilities. On the one hand, you will be expected to explore and expand on existing voice related solutions that the company currently specialises in – this will include specific customisations for clients to ensure the product is tailored to their needs. On the other hand, the company wants to increase the scope of applications in the market for deep learning and voice recognition technology – at the moment it is concentrated in pragmatic applications but the company wants to explore new possibilities centred on ensuring a high-quality user experience. In this position, you will be encouraged to develop new technology and new services while analysing and participating in discussions on other pioneers in the industry through events and research from other research organisations and institutions and to thereby build a network.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- Experience in data-mining, machine learning and other mathematical models
- Any experience in voice-signal processing or natural language processing is ideal
- C++ and Python (please share your GitHub and/or source codes if any)
- Must submit your research thesis (the full thesis not the resume)
- Japanese Level
- Information Science related background (MA or PhD level)
- Any experience committing in OSS Projects
- Type of people (Personality)
- Those who are interested in developing new things
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Will be assessed once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Work hours
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Application Process
- Submission of thesis (which is read thoroughly by the CEO)
- Interview with the CEO where you will discuss the thesis
Working hour is flexitime, core time is from 11am-4pm
Remote work is allowed if its two days in a week