- About the company
- Winning one of the best app awards in Japan, this company is a fast-growing startups that runs an innovative service through which users can get personalized nutrition advice from nutritionists. Users can input their dietary intake and the app will show the calorie count, as well as deficiencies or overconsumption of 17 essential nutrients. Users can also receive professional nutritionist advice on how to improve their eating habits. The company's aim is to improve societal fitness and health.
Some features of the app:
・Auto searches more than 100,000 different menus
・Shows calories and nutritional information in a very clear way
・Provides daily nutritionist advice
~The company's app is ranked one of the most popular apps both in App Store and Google Play~
Used by all genders and age groups, the number of users has reached more than 4.8 million people, and the app is ranked as one of the top healthcare apps in Japan. The company has also launched the app in Canada and the US.
The company has plans to expand its business to the medical field.
~Fast growing company with great retention rate thanks to a great corporate culture and work-life balance~
The company has been growing steadily every year. Despite such rapid growth, only one person has left the company in the past two years.
This company's parent company is large and stable. Thus, you will be able to enjoy the dynamic nature of a fast-growing startup without concerns for stability.
The company has a flex-time system and there are many employees with small children. The company has a great understanding of work-life balance. You can also do remote work.
- Corporate Culture
- ~A group of experts in the field of nutrition and IT engineering~
The company saw the need for a way to help people understand and improve their lifestyle through food. They are passionate about health and nutrition and want to provide a platform that is unique and has the functionality to make a healthy lifestyle cool and fun.
~Strongly sharing the mission of solving social health issues through the app~
As there are many who don't understand the pros and cons of a healthy and unhealthy diet, they are actively searching for a way to make it understandable and enjoyable to help in solving current societal health issues.
~A spirit that welcomes diversity~
The company welcomes diversity and is open to learning new techniques and ideas that are used and implemented globally. They want to expand the team with a global mindset to better understand the differing needs of their consumers.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- International sales
- PR Aspects
- Even though the company is backed by a larger corporation, they still have the venture spirit and are always looking to innovate and expand their current design. They want people with the same or a similar outlook on their products.
- As a server-side engineer, your responsibilities will include:
・Initiatives and development for in-house production of the domestic version of the company's application
・Additional development of new functions for the North American version of the application and brush-up development to enhance usability
This is a great opportunity to be involved in one of the largest healthcare services in Japan.
You will work closely with the server side development leader to grow the service with over 5.5 million users in Japan from a system perspective. As a member of the overseas development team, you will be responsible for planning and development while communicating with the marketing team, which includes foreigners.
Server monitoring: New Relix
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
・3+ years of web application or API development experience using languages such as Go, PHP, Java, etc.
- Japanese Level
・Experience in web application development in a LAMP environment
・Experience building and operating systems/infrastructure on AWS
・Experience in development using MVC framework
・Experience with Scrum development
・Knowledge or experience with domain driven design
・Knowledge of product or project management
・Experience in upstream requirements definition
・Experience with test code / testable design
・Experience building CI/CD environment
・Experience tackling technical debt
・Ability to act proactively in response to changes in the situation and environment through dialogue and listening to all parties involved
- Type of people (Personality)
- ・Someone who is attracted to the themes of "food" and "health"
・Someone who wants to gain experience in a market that will grow in the future
・Someone who wants to acquire new knowledge as an engineer
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Will be considered based on your performance
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- The core time is from 10:00～
You can work from home 3~4 times a week. *During the COVID-19 pandemic, you can do full remote work