- About the company
- The company's app won one of the best app awards in Japan.
The company is one of the fastest startups that runs an innovative service through which users can get personalized nutrition advice from nutritionists. Users can input their dietary intake and the app will show the calorie count, as well as deficiencies or overconsumption of 17 essential nutrients. Users can also receive professional nutritionist advice on how to improve their eating habits. The aim is to improve societal fitness and health.
Some features of the app:
・Auto searches more than 100,000 different menus
・Shows calories and nutritional information in a very clear way
・Provides daily nutritionist advice
~Ranked one of the most popular apps both in App Store and Google Play~
The app is used by all kinds of genders and age groups. Now the number of users has reached more than 4.8 million people and it is ranked as one of the top healthcare apps in Japan. They have also launched the app in Canada and the US.
The company has plans to expand its business to the medical field.
~Fast growing company with great retention rate thanks to a great corporate culture and work-life balance~
The company has been growing steadily every year.
Despite such rapid growth, only one person has left the company in the past two years.
The company's parent company is large and stable. Thus, you will be able to enjoy the dynamic nature of a fast-growing startup without concerns for stability.
The company has a flex-time system and there are many employees with small children. The company has a great understanding of work-life balance. You can also do remote work.
Focusing on a healthy and nutritious lifestyle, this company has developed an app to help consumers keep track of their eating habits with a simple snap of their camera. With backing from a large company providing lunch menus to offices and schools, the company seeks to create a program to better the healthy eating movement in Japan and abroad. They always keep the customer's nutritional well-being in mind in order to make the easiest, most user-friendly experience for a convenient and healthy lifestyle.
- Corporate Culture
- ~A group of experts in the field of nutrition and IT engineering~
The company saw the need for a way to help people understand and improve their lifestyle through food. They are passionate about health and nutrition and want to provide a platform that is unique and has the functionality to make a healthy lifestyle cool and fun.
~Strongly sharing the mission of solving social health issues through the app~
As there are many who don't understand the pros and cons of a healthy and unhealthy diet, they are actively searching for a way to make it understandable and enjoyable to help in solving current societal health issues.
~Having a spirit of welcoming diversity~
The company welcomes diversity and is open to learning new techniques and ideas that are used and implemented globally. They want to expand the team with a global mindset to better understand the differing needs of their consumers.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- International sales
- PR Aspects
- Even though the company is backed by a larger corporation, they still have the venture spirit and are always looking to innovate and expand their current design. They want people with the same or a similar outlook on their products.
- The company is looking to expand its reach to other major areas around the globe. They don’t want to merely launch a global app, but rather make sure the app is catered specifically to certain areas and demographics, changing up the suggested menus, catering to changes in supermarket items and the general desired for specialty foods in each area.
In order to develop this type of app, they are looking for iOS engineers who possess experience in developing a variety of mobile applications. As this will be their first launch globally, they need candidates who can understand the areas that will have the launch to ensure a firm grasp on markets outside Japan.
Be involved in all phases of iOS native app development
-Requirement setting, structuring, development, test, and release
【Attractive parts of this position】
You will be able to join one of the most popular health care apps in Japan
You can be involved not only in development but also in the planning
For the global app project, you will have close communication with the company's marketing team consist of English native members
Swift, GitHub, Bitrise, Redmine, esa, Slack
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
Development experience of iOS native app (Switft)
Experience of being involved in planning and implementation to test
- Japanese Level
・Experience in DDD modeling and Ubiquitous language
Expereince of test code mounting
Experience of releasing in stores
Ability to involve others in planning
- Type of people (Personality)
- -Interested in Food and Health
-Willing to work in a growing market.
-Interested in hearing users' voices at "to C" service level
-Motivated to get new knowledge as an engineer
-People who respect work-life balance (At the company, average overtime work monthly is only around 10 hours)
Feel passionate about the below values:
1) Client first
2) Staying healthy
3) Keep learning and improving
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Will be considered based on your performance
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Summer Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）