- About the company
- Winning one of the best app awards in Japan, this company is a fast-growing startup that runs an innovative service where users can get personalized nutrition advice from nutritionists. Users can input their dietary intake and the app will show the calorie count, as well as deficiencies or overconsumption of 17 essential nutrients. Users can also receive professional nutritionist advice on how to improve their eating habits. The company's aim is to improve societal fitness and health.
Some features of the app:
・Auto searches more than 100,000 different menus
・Shows calories and nutritional information in a very clear way
・Provides daily nutritionist advice
~The company's app is ranked one of the most popular apps both in App Store and Google Play~
Used by all genders and age groups, the number of users has reached more than 4.8 million people, and the app is ranked as one of the top healthcare apps in Japan. The company has also launched the app in Canada and the US.
The company has plans to expand its business to the medical field.
~Fast growing company with great retention rate thanks to a great corporate culture and work-life balance~
The company has been growing steadily every year. Despite such rapid growth, only one person has left the company in the past two years.
This company's parent company is large and stable. Thus, you will be able to enjoy the dynamic nature of a fast-growing startup without concerns for stability.
The company has a flex-time system and there are many employees with small children. The company has a great understanding of work-life balance. You can also do remote work.
- Corporate Culture
- ~A group of experts in the field of nutrition and IT engineering~
The company saw the need for a way to help people understand and improve their lifestyle through food. They are passionate about health and nutrition and want to provide a platform that is unique and has the functionality to make a healthy lifestyle cool and fun.
~Strongly sharing the mission of solving social health issues through the app~
As there are many who don't understand the pros and cons of a healthy and unhealthy diet, they are actively searching for a way to make it understandable and enjoyable to help in solving current societal health issues.
~A spirit that welcomes diversity~
The company welcomes diversity and is open to learning new techniques and ideas that are used and implemented globally. They want to expand the team with a global mindset to better understand the differing needs of their consumers.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Foreign employees already employed
- International sales
- PR Aspects
- Even though the company is backed by a larger corporation, they still have the venture spirit and are always looking to innovate and expand their current design. They want people with the same or a similar outlook on their products.
- As an iOS engineer, the candidate's responsibilities will include general iOS application development (requirements organization, design, development, testing, release).
The company is currently working on modernization and in-house production of iOS application development.
They are looking for an iOS engineer to lead the development of functions necessary for business expansion and to resolve the technical debt that has accumulated as the scale of our apps expands.
The company is looking for an iOS engineer to lead the development of iOS applications for the domestic and North American versions of a healthcare service used by more than 7.5 million members in Japan and abroad.
New functions will be developed in Swift; Objective-C code remains but is gradually being replaced. Although the detailed situation differs from product to product, they will also introduce SwiftUI and split packages in SPM.
Since the iOS application development team is small, the candidate will have a lot of discretion in making technical decisions and proposing UI from an engineer's point of view.
Requirement definition, design, development, testing, and operation in collaboration with application planners
Development of new functions and brush-up development to improve the usability of the application
Expansion of test code
Maintenance and operation of CI/CD environment
System Development Department
Organization: 19 (14 employees, 4 contractors, 1 intern)
Average age: 34.9 years old
The company collaborates with server-side engineers, infrastructure engineers, Android engineers, and AI engineers to develop each product as a team. Although each team is small, they communicate closely with the product side and are active in study sessions and knowledge sharing throughout the company as well as the engineering organization.
Development languages Swift, Objective-C
CI / CD Bitrise
Others AndroidStudio, GitHub, Slack, Asana
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- It Skills
-At least 3 years of experience in native iOS application development in Swift or Objective-C
- Japanese Level
-Experience in designing overall system architecture
- Ideal candidate
- -Those who share the company's vision of "making people's tomorrow healthier than today"
-Those who are willing to work together with the company to create a better service while listening to the voices of users first.
-Those who want to grow in an environment where business growth is fast-paced and constant change is required.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Will be considered based on your performance
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Summer Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- ▼The attraction of this position
✔︎ Environment where you can challenge yourself
✔︎ An environment where you can lead your own development with a great deal of discretion, from technology selection to architecture design, etc.
✔︎ Discretionary service development
✔︎ Members who joined our company for such reasons as "I was only entrusted with outsourcing management and could not do practical development work" or "There are few opportunities to grow as an engineer" are now in charge of all processes of service development.
✔︎ An organization that learns and grows together
We not only modernize our technology but also hold regular in-house study sessions! In addition to inviting outside lecturers for training sessions, we also actively share our own initiatives in study sessions and publish them on our blog.
✔︎ Manufacturing from the user's point of view and social contribution
We have a culture in which members who are interested in "food" and "health" and who want users to become healthy through eating gather together and work together to create a good service.
- Remote Work