- About the company
- With the mission to change the world by changing the conventional beliefs of clothing, the company provides quality clothes at a great price. The company is trying to share the joy of wearing quality clothes to people all over the world.
The company operates a wide brand portfolio, with 8 different fashion brands. Their flagship brand, known for their high quality everyday comfort, operates globally and is responsible for their own manufacturing process: from procurement and design to production and retail / ecommerce sales.
The company aims to become the world's number 1 apparel retailer, and plans to strengthen their global presence in 2020. To do so they have been very aggressive in acquiring foreign clothing brands and further expanding globally. They have been making a lot of innovation in the way that factory and manufacturing line works as well as logistics line so that they can deliver the clothes to the customers in very prompt manner.
Established back in 1960s
The number of employees are over 40,000
- Corporate Culture
- There are many talented employees from all over the world. There are variety of works/projects that you will be involved in and you have to be flexible and are very good at communicating with other people in order to be successful in the company. The company is very fair in promotion and reflect your performance in promotion as well as in bonus.
The company encourages people to aim high as the company still maintains entrepreneurial spirit. For bonus and promotion, people who set higher goals will get better evaluations even if he/she did not necessarily achieve the set goals.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- CEO/Executive is a foreigner
- Many employees speak English
- Joint company/office overseas
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- International sales
- Market research overseas
- Other details
- Structured On-boarding after you join the team
- Values clearly defined
- Training opportunities
- Clear career path
- Japanese lessons for foreign employees
- Understand each business processes and while coordinating with the business-side counterparts, design analyses to resolve business issues and implement the required data collection and algorithm selection, evaluation and improvements.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Communicating closely with business analysts and design data analysis around business operations.
- Data collection, preprocessing, algorithm selection, model construction, evaluation and improvement
- Data visualization, report, and presentation
- Management of technology partners
- Evaluation of potential business utilization of new technologies (PoC)
Communicating with business strategists about areas for improvement in each business domain and implementing resolutions.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and mathematical optimization algorithms
- Experience in discovering and solving business issues using data and implementing solutions derived from analysis
-Programming ability to the degree that processing necessary for data analysis can be implemented independently with SQL, Python or R
-Understand the advantages and disadvantages of practical application of various model construction methods
-Understanding and application of statistics
- Japanese Level
-A mindset to not only explore new technology but also in the applications to transform business
-Experience communicating with business divisions of customers to lead the complete process starting from the establishment of issues, then data collection, hypothesis building, analysis and results reporting.
- Ability to summarize process analysis and results in a simple and easy to understand manner for internal business divisions
- Communication and presentation skills to be able to convince stakeholders
-Japanese language ability to communicate with stakeholders
- Type of people (Personality)
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- Other special holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- The company encourages to cut all the overtime work. Even in IT division, overtime work occurs only 1-2 days a week.