- About the company
- With the mission to change the world by changing the conventional beliefs of clothing, the company provides quality clothes at a great price. The company is trying to share the joy of wearing quality clothes to people all over the world.
The company operates a wide brand portfolio, with 8 different fashion brands. Their flagship brand, known for their high quality everyday comfort, operates globally and is responsible for their own manufacturing process: from procurement and design to production and retail / ecommerce sales.
The company aims to become the world's number 1 apparel retailer, and plans to strengthen their global presence in 2020. To do so they have been very aggressive in acquiring foreign clothing brands and further expanding globally. They have been making a lot of innovation in the way that factory and manufacturing line works as well as logistics line so that they can deliver the clothes to the customers in very prompt manner.
- Corporate Culture
- There are many talented employees from all over the world. There are variety of works/projects that you will be involved in and you have to be flexible and are very good at communicating with other people in order to be successful in the company. The company is very fair in promotion and reflect your performance in promotion as well as in bonus.
The company encourages people to aim high as the company still maintains entrepreneurial spirit. For bonus and promotion, people who set higher goals will get better evaluations even if he/she did not necessarily achieve the set goals.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Many employees speak English
- Joint company/office overseas
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- International sales
- Market research overseas
- PR Aspects
- This is Japan's leading retail emporium - with a goal to be the world's biggest retail chain by 2020, their current revenues that run in the trillions of the yen is only set to rise in the run-up to reaching its ultimate goal.
- Other details
- Structured On-boarding after you join the team
- Values clearly defined
- Training opportunities
- Clear career path
- Japanese lessons for foreign employees
- Understand each process of the business and while coordinating with the data strategist, design analyses to resolve business issues and implement the required data collection and algorithm selection, evaluation and improvements.
Specific business contents are as follows:
■ Communicate closely with business analysts and design analysis around business operations.
■ Data collection, preprocessing, algorithm selection, model construction, evaluation, improvement
■ Visualization of analysis results, presentation
■ Management of technology partners
■ Evaluate the potential business utilization of new technologies (PoC)
Communicate with each data strategist about issues in each business domain and then implement issue resultion via your specialist skills.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
■ A mindset it is insufficient only to explore technology and that it's value only starts when it transforms the business
■ Experience of having communicated with business divisions of customers and lead a total process starting from the establishment of issues, then data collection, hypothesis building, analysis and results reporting.
■ Programming ability to the degree that processing necessary for data analysis can be implemented independently with SQL, Python or R
■ Understand the advantages and disadvantages of practical application of various model construction methods
■Understanding and application of basic statistics (statistical test Level 2 grade)
- Japanese Level
- Type of people (Personality)
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- Other special holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Overtime work is generally discouraged, including in the IT department. On average employees work over time 1-2 days a week.