The company is making the very small size robots that are as big as the backpack. With the technology of cloud installed in the robots, each robot not only just collects information but to take independent actions that are appropriate to each environmental settings based on the cloud (collective) information. They can help our lives from many aspects and there are literally infinite possibilities for such robots.
The team consists of very talented top engineers from all over the world. They have specialists who can architect cloud robotic frameworks that allow robots to learn from each other’s experiences.
For the business sectors, they are taking the step-by-step approach and as a first step, they are focusing in the field of security. This is the area where they are facing the shortage of human labor as well as high turnover. They are then moving to next field.
They want to make the robot very light, compact size, affordable price, and flyable. They are trying to create the new market for robots. They have secured billion yens investment and they are aiming to get listed as soon as next year.
■ Corporate culture: Very flat and open work environment. Everyone is expected to share the opinion freely and they are always open for discussions. As long as your ideas are logical, the company will take your ideas. Everyone just loves what they are doing and they are very serious and passionate about making the real good products/robots together. They are planning to launch their US office next year and are ready to go global. There are no forced “nomikai” (drinking session) that all the employees have to participate. You can choose to participate or not freely, and people voluntarily organize such kind of dinner/drink once a month or so (but on just a volunteer base).
■ Job Description:
Your tasks will include the following but not limited to:
• Apply skills in robotic systems design, software development, sensor fusion, calibration, and general engineering principles to develop aerial and ground- based robotic systems
• Assist in designing, building, testing, and deploying applications, tools, and libraries that will operate on Company’s cloud platform
• Assist with field tests and supporting beta releases
• Contribute towards best software practices and the company’s software infrastructure.
• who can join the company in this May or June
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
• At least an year of industrial, research, or project experience in robotics
• Practical programming experience with C/C++
• Capable of learning and understanding new and complex concepts quickly
• Self-motivated individual that is equally capable of working independently andin a small team
• Experience with Linux and basic system programming
• Understands the risks involved in a startup
• Has basic verbal and written English communication skills
• Ability to quickly adjust to Japanese customs and norms
• Contributions to open-source projects
• Experience with ROS
• Experience with Python
• Outstanding track-record both in academia and industry
• Participant in robotic competitions, e.g. RoboCup, DARPA Grand Challenge, etc. Location: Tokyo, Japan
Competitive salary (Annual salary ranged from 4 million yen to 10 million yen), stock options, bonus once a year,
Start date: Available immediately
Work conditions: 9:00-18:00 (one hour break), no over time work, the company respects everyone to have good work life balance
*Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan*
If you are interested in this position, please apply here wit the relevant CV/resume uploaded. Upon your submission of application, we will contact you for the follow-up questions to complete your application.
First the organization will be screening your resume. If you have been selected for the next round interview, we will disclose you the name of the company.